Slacker Blogger

Yes, I still want to keep my blog.  I don't use instagram and I don't post photos of our family too often on Facebook either.  I miss blogging.  I fondly remember having time to think, reflect and compose words that expressed how I was feeling towards my kids, parenting, and just going through this crazy thing called life.  Blogging is another form of journaling, which is good for my soul.

I'm trying not to think about the fact that my blog might be read by others.  I want it to be a place where my kids can someday go and realize, "Hey, THAT's what my mom was thinking," or, "I'd forgotten that we did that," or just be able to enjoy memories.

But since having the third child, time has somehow completely filled up.  The afternoons when I used to be able to coordinate kids napping or having quiet time simultaneously have disappeared.  I drink coffee now.  Twice a day.  I don't blog or journal regularly.

Anyway, we are doing well & life is good.  I'm still so thankful that I get to have this season without working outside the home.  I miss a lot of things about having a professional life, (or any type of personal identity outside of my family life).  But I know that this season will not last forever.  It won't be too much longer and I'll have 3 kids in school and mornings by myself.  Hard to imagine.  Of course, when that happens, I'll probably be missing them being little.

So, what's this blog post about?  I dunno.  I had a few minutes & wanted to process a little.  I want to prove that I can still keep up.  I don't want more time to pass without posting a few photos of my kids who are growing up VERY fast.

I took these photos the other day while my kids were just hanging out in the family room.  My very un-camera shy kids.
Our baby (22 mos old)
(with mocos and all)  
Our second grader (with big boy teeth!) 
Our sweetie (who just started preschool)
Our feet
(What the heck?!?  My girls wanted to do this, don't know why!!)
Well, maybe I'll turn over a new leaf this spring and start to blog again.  Or maybe not.  I'm not going to worry too much about it, but whether I do or not, it's certainly not from lack of material.

Comments

Day-Lee Life said…
OH how I relate to this posting! I started my blog so I could remember my thoughts and feelings during this stage of life and to try and capture in pics and writings what life is like because I know I'll forget. I already have forgotten so much and it seriously pains me!! I love to write but can't ever seem to find the time or energy. We have to do the best with what we have and try not to be too hard on ourselves, right? Thanks for the thoughts friend...even though I know this was for you...I still appreciated it :)
romi said…
I enjoy being able to see pics and hear your thoughts once in a while, Kristen! Once in a while cause I don´t check it often! Love and miss you!

Popular Posts