We're Baaaack!

We just returned after a wonderful 10 days on vacation. Mostly it was a celebration of my husband finishing his internships and getting a job as a physical therapist. It was a great time of just relaxing at a beautiful resort, going to the beach, and visiting with family and friends.


Even though we were only gone for 10 days, it seems that our little one has already made a few more transitions. Now whenever we eat, he is in a high chair next to the table! It seems so grown up to me. And the amount that he is eating has increased incredibly! He's also getting the hang of drinking on his own. We have a sippy cup for him that he's learning to handle. Every once in a while we actually hear him taking a few swallows by his own efforts! I have mixed feelings at his increasing independence. Mostly though, I am just amazed. I want to take it all in and not miss a thing.

He also started babbling on our trip, with real-sounding consonants...ba-ba-ba, da-da-da, la-la-la, this kind of thing. It is so fun to hear. I wonder if it means anything to him.

Oh, and Mama made one transition too! I ran again for the first time while on vacation. On a treadmill, and pretty slowly, but it felt GREAT. The first day I ran for 7 min. and the next day for 10 min. This is a big deal to me, and I am SO thankful to God for my healing. The sensation in my leg is not totally back to normal, but the muscles are getting stronger.

Now we're just trying to settle back into "normal life" again. Even though its hard to leave vacation mode, we know that God has called us to our home and community to serve Him.

Comments

Popular Posts