Always A Bridesmaid...

...well, ok, I HAVE gotten to be the bride also, but last weekend I was back in the familiar role of bridesmaid. I had that role several times about 10 years ago, when all my close friends were getting married, but I didn't expect to be doing it again at, well... my age.

My mom's side of the family is small, and my cousin (who is 10 years younger than me) asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. I was honored, as she is a really great woman who waited for God's best for her.

My dress was way too long, and I was really afraid I would step on it, and fall over on my way up or down the aisle. Fortunately, that didn't happen.

Since I was at the church early, my hubby was all on his own to get our son ready for the event. He was a few minutes late, but I think he did a pretty good job! It's always fun to see my two favorite guys all dressed up.

And the best part about wedding receptions? The cake, and watching the little kids run around like crazy on the dance floor. Our son and his two cousins were doing laps, and when they got tired, they just laid down and "slept."

My brother & I found it a little more difficult to boogie down with children wrapped around us.


More cake, please!

Comments

romi said…
Kristen-

He is becoming such his little own person. So cute! You´re in my thoughts and prayers and today as I read your blog I just thought how special you are to me. Sorry I´m getting a little sentimental here, but it´s just the truth. So it was Cara´s wedding, right? That´s exciting. Anywho, blessings, bye...!

Popular Posts