A Weekend of Friends

I had a pretty busy weekend! Friday morning I went in for surgery, then in the afternoon I traveled up to the Bay Area to be with my two longest, closest friends. Each year, we try to get together for one weekend, since we are separated by many miles during the rest of the year. I always look forward to our girls' weekend. Not many people can still hang out with a friend they had in preschool! Not only do we share a lifetime's worth of memories together, but we also share a lot of the same values and priorities in life, so it's always For those of you that know some of the junk I've been going through lately, it was very timely for me to be able to get away for a couple of days.

So here we are in the city, riding a cable car (in the rain) and at dinner in North Beach before we watched the show, Beach Blanket Babylon. I highly recommend it. It was a lot of fun.



I got home Sunday afternoon, an hour before we were expecting 4 families to show up at our house for a potluck. Fortunately my amazing husband (who had been a single dad all weekend), had cleaned the house, prepared the food, and set up a playroom. Wow! We had 10 kiddos running around our house, which was great! We all sort of became parents around the same time, and it is fun to see our kids all enjoying each other (well, most of the time). But even better was getting to hang out with friends that we haven't gotten to really share with in awhile. One family was visiting from Canada, so it was really fun to see them and catch up on life up north. It was a good time of encouragement for us.


Yeah, so now it's Monday, and I'm back to 'regular life'. Can't you sense my enthusiasm?

Comments

Christa said…
I'm so glad you had a great weekend. We've done Beach Blanket too, and it's so much fun!
Jamie said…
Glad to hear you had a good weekend to get away with the girls! And sounds like a great dinner with friends too! Hope to see you soon!
KDC said…
Hey-
Send me that picture of the 3 of us when you get a chance. It was such a fun weekend and exactly what I needed!
Tracy said…
Hey Kristen, I was in SF on that Saturday at Union Square by the cable cars. Were you at that end? We could have been mere feet from each other and not even known! :)

Popular Posts