Jacker Whan-ter (& other things pumpkin)

Today was a pumpkin day for our family. Since it is one of two nights during the work week that we get to spend the evening together as a family, I made a nice dinner and we carved our pumpkin (or Jacker Whan-ter, as my son affectionately calls it).

So I tried this Dinner in a Pumpkin recipe, and was mostly satisfied with it. I was very intrigued with the idea of baking a meal inside of a pumpkin, but I will definitely tweak the recipe when I try it again. The quantity that I made was WAY too much to fit inside of a pie pumpkin (it would've filled 4 or 5). Maybe I should've used a larger pumpkin, but I've heard that larger pumpkins don't usually taste as good. I will also cut the meat in half and try to find more veggies to put in the recipe. Has anyone else tried a meal like this, or have any suggestions?

After dinner, my hubby went to work on the carving. Having bought the pumpkin a week & a half ago, it had already started to show some mold underneath...hope it lasts till Saturday. Our son helped gut it, and then he got to eat his piece of pumpkin pie before getting into the tub. After bathtime, he came out and found the jacker whant-er all lit up.




Now that he's in bed, we're relaxing on the couch, enjoying the baked pumpkin aroma that's still lingering in our house, and thinking about our pieces of pumpkin pie...

Comments

The Isaacs said…
Awwww! How fun! Sounds like this should be an annual tradition!

Popular Posts