One Year Ago

Most of you are aware of the journey that our family went through from Fall 2008- Spring 2009. If not, I'll just briefly summarize that I had a molar pregnancy which developed into a form of placental cancer that spread to my lungs. It required two surgeries and 5 months of chemotherapy to get rid of it. Though the cancer is a highly treatable one, and the chemo I took wasn't as intense as many other brave cancer fighters face, it was still a very scary and difficult time for us.

So to all of you who stood by our sides and lifted us up in your prayers during that time, I just want to shout out and ask you to celebrate with us that I have been cancer-free for exactly one year today (well, hard to know exactly when that last cell disappeared...). But one year ago today, I received that first, long-awaited negative blood test. HOORAY!!

And, if that isn't enough of a reason to celebrate...I'll give you one more...


...I'd like to introduce to you to our second child. This baby is growing steadily, sustained in my healthy placenta for about 109 days now. We are completely overwhelmed by the grace of God in so preciously giving another child to us. It still feels scary to me to announce this and post it on our blog, but slowly it is sinking in that there is great reason to celebrate and I don't want to miss out on the joy of it all because I am too scared.

So, if you've seen me lately and wondered if I've been eating too many Twinkies and stopped working out altogether...there is another reason for the belly bulge. August 2nd is our due date. Please continue to pray for the health and safety of this pregnancy, and that we would be able to walk in faith, not fear, of what the future holds.

Comments

KDC said…
I can't wait to meet the newest Co.
Unknown said…
OH dear, congratssss!!!
Unknown said…
Yayyyy! Congratulations and Congratulations on everything going so well with #2. I am just so excited for all 3 of you.
romi said…
beautiful!!! so thankful for the life and the joy!!! I´m thankful for how God is bringing so much new life (and joy and so much more) with this new baby. I love you... and wish I could be there with you. But will keep in touch and I´ll be an auntie in the distance!!! :)

Popular Posts