First Days at Home


Wow--what happened to the past two weeks? They are a blur of breastfeeding, rocking, swaddling, breastfeeding, doctors appointments, sleepless nights, daytime naps, crying (from both children), and more breastfeeding! Oh yeah, and lots of holding & just gazing at our little girl. What is it about a sleeping newborn, that even though you are completely exhausted, just watching them gives you such an adrenaline rush?

Our daughter has caught back up to her birth weight, plus 5 ounces at her 2 week check-up yesterday. This has been such a confidence booster for Mama, knowing that I'm doing something right in feeding her and that nursing is going so much more smoothly than it did with my first child. Hooray!

My husband had one week off of work, and now he's back in the saddle of going to work again. As much as I was dreading being "on my own" with the kids, it's actually been good for me to start building my skill set for managing two kiddoes. I put "on my own" in quotations because I truly am not alone. We are so grateful for our dear friends and family who have helped us out a lot these past two weeks. They have been bringing us meals, taking my son for playdates & even to the zoo, coming to hold the baby so I can sleep, and all the fun visits from friends and family. Not to mention the explosion of pink, purple & all things girly that have been their way into our home

Besides my own lack of sleep, our son is probably having the hardest time adjusting. He is doing pretty well, and he absolutely adores his sister, but is acting out in other ways, particularly towards Papa. He is fighting us on things that are completely routine (ie bedtime and mealtime) and it's tiring! Please continue to pray for him to adjust and for us to have patience, wisdom and grace in dealing with him.

Here are a few more photos from our last couple of weeks:

Our awesome neighbors who greeted us as soon as we got home from the hospital


More friends coming to visit

Proud Grammy
Sa-Pe & Sa-Mm (Chinese for Uncle & Auntie) Came from SoCal to visit

I'm so blessed!

Comments

Kathryn said…
You are blessed! and you are doing such a great job!
Carrie said…
Hey dear, Nia has very big eyes. She's really so cute!
romi said…
I want to personally meet her!!! maybe next summer, I hope!!!

Popular Posts