Our 4 Year Old

Yay for cousins!

I actually have a few free minutes this afternoon to blog, so I thought I'd finally update our blog with our latest birthday celebration...our son turned 4! It's so hard to believe that we have a 4 year old. The years have really gone by quickly. I have appreciated every day that I've spent with him (even the hard ones) and am grateful that God has entrusted us with this talented and thoughtful child of His. I've learned so much through the experience of raising him, and although he constantly keeps me on my toes (and my knees!) I am blessed every day by him.

We had a simple celebration at home this year, with several family members coming over for pizza and cake. We have lots of little ones in our family now, so all the cousins enjoyed playing in the backyard together. By now, our son really understands what a birthday party is all about and that he is the center of attention. (Consequently, he's learning to "be a ham" for the crowd too!) One of my best friends who has made his birthday cake every year of his life, was unable to travel to our city this year, so I got to take on that responsibility myself. I was a little anxious, because my son had it in his head that he would have a Lightning McQueen birthday cake. So I quickly browsed the Internet, bought some cake supplies at WalMart, and was ready to start. Having never worked with fondant before, I was expecting a long night in the kitchen. Surprisingly, the fondant was very easy to work with (especially since I bought the pre-made kind!) and the cake came together rather quickly. This is the website I primarily used as my guide, and here's the result:


It had many imperfections in it, but when my son woke up on his birthday morning and saw his cake, his face lit up with delight. He loved it, and that was all that mattered.

Here are a few more photos of our birthday boy's big day:






Happy birthday, son. We are so proud of you.

Comments

Unknown said…
Happy birthday, J!!! Your Uncle Anthony, Aunt Kim, Ahia Nathan, and Joel are looking forward to seeing and playing with you! We love you very much!
KDC said…
Great job on the cake! Super cute. Happy Birthday to J.
The Isaacs said…
WOW! You did an AMAZING job on the cake!!!
Happy Birthday, J! We love you!
Carrie said…
Such a good job on the cake! I like it! You are always a good exsample of being an active/imaginative mummy for me...

Popular Posts