A Tall Appetite

Last week I had the revelation that I really need to be more intentional and structured with activities and outings for our kiddos if I am going to keep my 4 & 1/2 year old from slumping all over the house, asking to watch TV & play on the ipad every day. (Yes, the preschool conversation is ongoing between my husband & I. No final decision has been made yet, but stay posted...) We just all do better when we get out and about each day. So what if my daughter still needs a morning nap?

So we woke up the other day and I announced that we were going to the zoo. It was a good morning. Since we don't have a very big zoo, it is pretty easy to just go for a couple of hours and see most of the animals. Plus, we just got zoo memberships, so I don't feel like I need to stay a long time to make our entrance fee count.

The new experience for my son this day was feeding a giraffe. I went all the way to Africa to feed giraffes, but who knew we could do it right here in town? It's so fun feeding them, they have the longest tongues! I enjoyed watching our big guy bravely walk up to the giraffe and hand him a big leaf. The zoo keeper who was helping him told him some facts about the giraffe, then added that this giraffe really loved to eat, and would eat anything they give him. To that, our son replied, "He's just like my little sister!"

(For those of you who have watched our little girl eat, you know that my son's words were truthfully spoken...)

Comments

romi said…
so sweet! It made me laugh so much. N is like.... a giraffe!! :) still have a postcard waiting to be mailed to J!!

Popular Posts