Last Night of Freedom

School starts tomorrow.  My son has been a little anxious about starting back up again, and we were sort of dreading an evening full of moaning and groaning, so we tried to fill our afternoon and evening with fun things to help us enjoy our last evening of summer vacation.

In the afternoon, my husband took our little man out to get his haircut.  While they were gone, Mama had fun in the kitchen, making a foo-foo pizza for dinner, topped with figs, goat cheese, prosciutto and arugula.  (What can I say?  I got figs in the produce box this week, and sometimes I like to make a meal just for me...it won't hurt my kids to think outside the chicken nugget box for one night, will it??) I even got a little help from toddler girl, who insisted on the pizza being in a heart shape.  Done!


On the way home from haircutting, the boys stopped and bought some ice cream and popsicles to bring home and share with our neighbors in a little impromptu front yard get-together with our neighbors.  Our neighbors are great!  On a couple hours notice, three different households came over and joined us in the almost 100 degree heat to have ice cream and play in the front yard.  We are so blessed to have good neighbors that have become friends as well.

Here are some more pictures of our evening together:



Taking Sho-Be for a ride
There they go...
Wearing Papa's shoes

Yep, we also got grapes in our produce box...

We will miss summer vacation, but I also look forward to a new school year and seeing all the ways our kids are going to grow and change.  We spent a few minutes with our son looking at his first day of school picture from kindergarten.


He looks so little!  It's amazing to me that it was just one year ago.  I think he also realized that he's grown a lot.  And growth is a good thing, right?

Comments

Popular Posts