The Master Carver


We carved our pumpkin tonight, with the help of our son. He actually understood that we were putting a face on the pumpkin, and wanted to have his hands in on the whole process. It was fun to watch him dig into the guts and play with the seeds (scattering them all over the table and floor!). Mama was so excited about carving tonight, she even baked a pumpkin pie to have as a special dessert. Our son loved it! The evening ended with a fairly cute jack o' lantern (looking suspiciously just like last year's), and a toddler who learned what happens when you stick your finger into the still warm wax of a candle.



Comments

Carrie said…
Wow, it looks great! So how do you plan to spend the Halloween this weekend? BTW, has your computor been fixed? I am wondering whether I can call you on the skype...
KDC said…
I like it. Reminds me of a Disney character for some reason.
Unknown said…
at least J likes pumpkin pie. N doesn't like it at all! =)
Unknown said…
Happy Halloween! I am finally up to date on your blog. Too cute!!!
Anonymous said…
You're so good! I bought a bunch of pumpkins but was too LAZY to carve them. We only had about 5 kiddos show up at our door, so now I'm stuck w/all this candy. Nice carving!

Popular Posts