Fire Station Fun

Yes, I'm behind in my posting...here is the beginning of the "catching you up" posts from the month of October. (I can't believe it's November already!)

My neighbor and I took our kids to the fire station that is in our neighborhood a couple of weeks ago. It was our first field trip to go along with our home "preschool" activities. I'd never been to a fire station before, and I was SO happy with the experience. First of all, the firemen were SO friendly and accommodating. They spent an hour and a half with us, showing us everything in the fire station and then letting the kids experience it all (minus a real fire or emergency, thankfully!). I learned a ton about what firemen do, and how understaffed they currently are. It really opened up my eyes about how we need to support them, because when an emergency strikes, they are the ones we count on to be there. And, can you believe they said that cars don't even move over to the right side of the road when they drive their engine to respond to a call! Come on, people!

Anyway, we got some cute photos of the kids doing everything: sitting in the driver's seat of the engine, turning on the lights themselves, watching the fireman dress up in his full fire suit & mask, they even brought the hoses out and let the kids hold it to spray water out! The kids had a great time and my son keeps asking when we can go back. I'm glad that he is able to have positive experiences like this with the people in our community.





Comments

Popular Posts