Blog Slacker

Yep, that's me. With the arrival of our daughter, it seems like I should be blogging more, because we have this adorable baby who is changing every week. However...I'm still trying to figure out the rhythm of life with two children, and when it comes down to it, spending my time with them takes priority over blogging. I'm amazed that some days I don't even get to checking my email, much less looking at blogs. Someday I think I will get back into posting more regularly, but that day isn't here yet!

For now, I will quickly catch up on the past month. Since Christmas, we have been out of town as a family twice, and my little girl and I have traveled three times away from home! Playing so much on the weekend makes for lots of catching up to do during the week. It has been fun though...

Christmas Weekend:
We spent Christmas with my husband's side of the family, which is always busy with a house-full of kids! We weren't able to stay very long this year, but we still got to share some special moments and make new memories. On Christmas Eve the older kids baked a birthday cake for Jesus, went to church as a family (where we watched the whole nativity story in Mandarin) and stayed up late opening presents with the whole family (minus our overseas siblings & cousins...we missed you!). Christmas morning was restful & the kids opened stocking stuffers. It was a beautiful & warm sunny day, so my hubby and I went out for a Christmas morning run! (Gotta love the holidays in Southern California.) And no trip down south would be complete without a meal at New Capital Seafood (if you have eaten at this restaurant before, you will probably appreciate the comments made on this website!) Lots of food, family and fun. I appreciate how gracious and hospitable my husband's family always is with us: making room for us in their home, taking such good care of us, and loving on our kids.








New Year's Weekend:

We were invited to hang out with some friend for the weekend at their cabin in the mountains. It was a fun time, even though we spent a lot of time playing indoors since it snowed pretty much the whole time we were there. The kids did get out for a few episodes of snow play: sledding, building a snowman, snow football and my son's favorite snow activity: eating the snow.





The kids made these fun paper bag puppets!


Our car really is under there! The guys did a great job shoveling the driveway and getting us all out of there on Sunday morning. It was slow-going but everyone made it down the hill safely!

Girls' Weekend in San Francisco:
The next weekend, my girlfriend who lives in Colorado (& who I miss dearly!) flew out for the weekend and another girlfriend and I drove up to meet her. It was a fun time to play in the city, without any real agenda, except eating!! We ate our way from neighborhood to neighborhood. My friend already did a great job blogging about it here.

My daughter & I enjoyed food at the Embarcadero farmer's market: Korean tacos!
Pausing for a moment on a busy corner in Chinatown

My daughter was a pretty good lil' traveler, especially since she was hauled all over the city of San Francisco for 2 days, not even returning to the hotel for a nap! She slept on the go, in the Bjorn, the stroller & during Mass! (Long story: my friends actually sat through a whole Mass service--which we had not intended to be at, we had just stopped into the church for a warm place to sit down and use the bathroom--when suddenly, people started coming in...meanwhile I had sat down to feed my daughter, who was so exhausted that she promptly fell asleep...) I was also surprised at how well she slept in the hotel room while us three older girls stayed up and chatted away into the night. Hopefully I'll get to make many more memories with my daughter as she gets older in this City by the Bay.

So, 3 different parts of the state in 3 weekends. Not bad for a family with a newborn! I'm glad that we've had a couple of weeks of down time at home though...

Comments

Unknown said…
thanks for sharing, kristen! Like you, I'm realizing that life with more than 1 child is very challenging. little J is really very curious but also strong-willed!

Popular Posts