My Preschooler

So, as I wrote before, we did decide to have Jackson start preschool this month.  Looking back on the whole thing, I think we probably should've done it from the get-go (when the school year started).  I didn't really realize that even in preschool, everyone kind of operates on a school year calendar, starting in August or September.  The days that we wanted (Tues/Thurs) were full, so we ended up getting into Ms. Lori's class on Mon/Tues.  It actually worked out just fine, since Jackson took a lot of psyching up to get into the school week, it was nice that he didn't have a break, and just went two days in a row.  On Mondays, Papa would take Jackson to preschool when he went into work, and on Tuesdays, Mama would take Jackson in the morning, then run errands or exercise while he was in preschool and pick him up before lunch time.

Even though Jackson started the school year late, and he was sensitive to the fact that everyone else already knew each other, he was still a good sport about going.  Whenever I observed him with his class, he seemed to be popular with his peers and to be enjoying himself.  I know his liked his teacher too.  But, whenever he was just with me, he still expressed that he didn't like preschool and didn't want to go.  There were some highlights, however, and one was his first Valentine's Day party.



So I lied: I did do more preschool activities at home!
But what educator can resist graphing the colors of Sweetheart candy hearts??

Comments

Popular Posts