Merry Christmas



We had a typical Christmas:  busy, hectic, lots of family get-togethers and little time to rest and reflect.  I hope Christmas will not always be like this for us, but honestly, I have sort've come to accept that this is how the holiday season will be when we consider all of the family dynamics at work.


Anyway, I'm not going to write very much about all that we did.  We tried to make it a special time for just our family on Christmas Eve morning and also on Christmas Day morning.  It was nice that my husband had both full days off work.  We had an amazing family breakfast together on the 24th, after I came home from a short run with my good friend (who also happens to live down the street from me!).  The kids had squeezed oranges from our trees for our orange juice, while hubby had started on pancakes and finished up with bacon!  I could handle that becoming a tradition!

Squeezing the oranges!
With all the craziness of our schedule, we still tried to focus on Christ's birth.  Both of our older kids are understanding more of what it is about and we let our son watch much of The Nativity Story on the 24th.  He continues to ask great questions about Jesus' birth.  He really enjoyed all the chances he had to hang out with his cousins, and both kids amazed me with how it really wasn't about the gifts for them.  Yes, they enjoy opening presents, but I think more than anything, they just like to be able to play with the people they love.  Our oldest daughter was so excited by each and every little thing in her stocking, she wanted to open it immediately and could've cared less that there were more presents to open.  So precious!

Yummy hot cocoa!
I love my "Sho-Be" (little sister)

Opening our stockings

Our son was so proud of the Christmas card he made for Papa
and he insisted that he pick out a gift for him too.
All on his own he picked out this red running shirt, perfect!
Our son's favorite gift, he wore it all day long, and has worn it many times since!
I was also proud of the giving spirit in our two year old,
she insisted on buying a bath toy for her Sho-Be for Christmas.
Here she is, showing it to her!
Our almost two-month old!
I love this picture...it shows one of her happy expressions.
She smiles and grins at us a lot!

Our baby slept a lot during the Christmas celebrations, but we did catch her in a happy mood and tried to capture her smiles by the tree.  Her first Christmas, before she is even two months old!  We hope you all had a Merry Christmas, and are enjoying the best gift of all, the hope that we have in Jesus coming to earth and His love for all mankind.

Comments

Jamie said…
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this gift of pictures! Our family missed you immensely over Christmas and New Year's! Hope to see you soon!
Carrie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said…
Hey dear, I finally got the access to read your blog...Congrates for the little one! She's so adorable and precious! It looks lik that you have done a great job on getting well with 3 kids huh...I really admire you so much for that. By the way, what's the name of your little one?

Popular Posts