3 Years Old


I can hardly believe that this little girl of mine is 3 years old.  She is an amazing, beautiful gift to our family.  Every day she makes me smile and warms my heart with her contagious laughter and the cute little questions and comments she makes about everything.  She is SO expressive, and loves to sing and dance all day.

She has a sweet spirit, and definite likes and dislikes.  I am learning a lot from her, and in some ways she inspires me to see the world like she does.  I am so thankful that God gave her to us.

With her birthday falling on a Wednesday, and her Papa working late tonight, it was hard to make today a special celebration.  Everyone was home for a french toast birthday breakfast and opening a couple of gifts from us.  At the end of the day, I managed to bake a cake and have candles for her to blow out before she went to bed.

She had been asking me for almost a year for a purple birthday party.  She was so insistent on this, I just couldn't not do it for her.  So, last Sunday evening, we had a small party for her at my brother's house, and I tried to make it as purple as I could.  Her only other request was to have a Hello Kitty on her cake.  Thanks to Tita, we also made that happen.  (Coincidentally, I also found the above dress at Costco and couldn't pass it up since it matched the party theme perfectly).  More importantly than the color or cake though, is the love and support that we treasure from our family and friends that are helping us to raise this precious girl.  We look forward to what God is going to do in her life!

Comments

Jamie said…
Happy, happy birthday middle Co! We love you so very much and are so thankful for the smiles and giggles you bring to our family every time we hang out together!

Popular Posts