Yosemite Getaway

To celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary we spent the weekend up at Yosemite. We left our son with his grandparents for two nights, which went very well (compared with trying to getaway for one night last year, a disaster when he wouldn't sleep at all!).

We enjoyed 80+ degree weather, a new B&B we found in the park, and finding out of the way waterfalls we got all to ourselves! Every time I go to Yosemite I'm amazed at how much I yet have to discover there, and am already planning my next trip back.

Here's our Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down list:

Thumbs Up:
-Staying at Yosemite Peregrine Centrally located w/in the park and good service.
-The waterfalls, especially finding our own
-Discovering that there is a school at the foot of Yosemite Falls (sign me up to work there!)
-The revamped Visitor Center (at least since I was last there)
-Watching 9 deer cross the road right in front of our car
-The Pioneer Museum and Covered Bridge in Wawona--yes, we are nerds and found this historical nugget very interesting!

Thumbs Down:
-Overpriced, not that delicious, dinner at The Ahwahnee hotel
-All our clothes smelling like smoke after walking through the lobby at the Ahwahnee (not a fan of the humongous fireplaces)
-Lots of construction & traffic on the Valley roads
-Glacier Point road and hiking trails not open yet

Here are some visuals

Comments

The Isaacs said…
Happy Anniversary!!! Looks like you had a wonderful time together. I wish I didn't get so easily carsick- I've only been to Yosemite once and most of my memories start and finish with the nauseating car ride.
KDC said…
Looks like fun you two. Happy Anniversary.
Carrie said…
Happy Anniversary! But cannot see those pictures?

Popular Posts