Little Swimmer

This week was our son's last swimming class. We started back in March at an indoor pool facility, and at first I totally regretted signing him up for it. He cried the entire 30 minutes of the first lesson (as I'm sitting there thinking...we paid for this???). The next class he cried for about 10 minutes. It was frustrating to me because he is not a kid who has ever been afraid of the water before. He loves being in the water whenever we've been with him in a pool. So I'm not sure what the meltdowns were about, but thankfully, by the 5th week he was able to get into the pool and go to his instructor only a little clinging to my leg.

It was fun to see him actually enjoying the class and to see his skills improving. He passed one swimming level & got a medal & ribbon after 7 weeks. And he was only one skill short of passing the next level this week when class ended. So I feel good about the experience and am looking forward to a summer of fun in the pool together.

Here are a few photos I took this week (with my new camera!)




Comments

Popular Posts