More Nesting Creations


I've been wanting to make some new hooded towels for my son & nephews for several months now. Our son is still using the baby hooded towels that we got at his baby shower, and now that he's 3 years old, I thought it was time for an upgrade!

I bought the materials ages ago, but lacked the opportunity to make them. Part of it was that I've never made them before, and although I'd been told how easy they are, and looked up several sets of directions online, I still wasn't quite sure how to proceed. Since all the materials have been stored in the new baby's room, I took advantage of my nesting instincts to clear them out and finally MAKE THEM!!!

I'm not a great seamstress, and it takes me a long time to wing my way through these kinds of projects. But I did finish 4 towels: 2 are frogs and the other 2 are sharks. I think if I ever make these again, I will opt for a much simpler version, not adding all the animal details. My husband (& I) will tell you how happy he is that they are finished and that I can put away the sewing machine for a LONG time! It sort of consumed my evenings (not to mention how swollen my feet got from sitting and sewing).

Anyway, I'm not entirely pleased with them, but I did learn a lot in the process. I accidently sewed one of the shark fins onto the inside the hood (!) and the other shark my husband affectionately referred to as a blue parrot (!) I think I like the frog best.


So one more thing off my checklist (Yeay!). Now on to more important tasks, like packing my hospital bag and buying things like diapers.

Comments

TScoop said…
Too cute! I love it...
The Isaacs said…
You did a great job! They turned out so cute!
Unknown said…
Yayyy Kristen! You finally did them. I remember you talking about those back in Dec. I am super excited for you. And I would have to agree, I like the frog the best. :)

Popular Posts