Spring Break Part I: "Miss Melpy"

We had a very eventful spring break this year, and I am just starting to recover from it enough to reflect and blog about it.  I have a lot of pictures from the different activities, so I'll break it down by day.

This first day is the Friday before Palm Sunday, when we were privileged to have some friends come into town and pay us a visit.  My dear friend, who moved away a few years ago (right when we were both pregnant with our girls), came back to visit and brought her daughter (who just turned 3!) to come and play with my kids.

Even though our kids had never met each other before, they quickly got acquainted over hula hoops and chasing each other around the house.  Let's just say that none of them are exactly shy.  Even our son who was apprehensive about being the only boy at this playdate, had a great time, chasing the girls and making them scream.  Further bonding occurred over a mac-n-cheese lunch, followed by birthday cupcakes and playing in the backyard.  The visit went by SO quickly, and I can't wait for another chance to get our families together.

My daughter refers to her new friend as "Miss Melpy" (which is my daughter's attempt to pronounce her name!)  It cracks me up.  I think she sort of confuses the "Miss" from referring to her mom, with the rest of the daughter's name.  Here are some photos of our little ones playing together.

Miss Melpy demonstrating how to use the hula hoop


 I also got to introduce our newest little one to my friend. 
 I love to watch my friends holding my babies.
One can never have too many aunties to hold them!
Here's how we get the paper off...
Miss Melpy, you are SO funny!
Chocolate smiles
Silly faces...
We miss you, T family!  Let's get together again soon.  A few hours just isn't long enough to catch up and enjoy all the little personalities.

Comments

TScoop said…
I am simply cherishing my visit with the Co Clan! It was such a short time together, but very well worth it. Your children are beautiful and you are handling motherhood just as beautifully. I don't think I could do it with as much finesse as you! And, I love "Miss Melpy"! Maybe N and P can be pen pals when they start writing. The pictures are so sweet!

Popular Posts