Spring Break Part IV: Kidspace Museum


For our last full day in LA, we decided to head over to the Kidspace Museum in Pasadena.  My sis-in-law had her 4 kids, plus A-Ma in their van, I drove our car and Sa-Pe & Sa-Mm came up with Trinity from Anaheim.

I would definitely recommend this museum for families who happen to be in this area, looking for something to do with their kids.  We only spent 3 hours there, but we could've spent more.  There are several science activities for the kids to do in the front.  Ideally, the adults could explain the physics behind the activities for the kids, but since science isn't really my forte, my kids probably didn't learn as much as they could have, but they still had fun pushing buttons on air vacuums, pushing swinging pendulums and building tracks for balls to roll down.  Lots of magnets, activities with ropes & pulleys and pressure chambers.

In the back, there are some heavy-duty trikes the kids can ride, even my 6 year old had fun riding a double one with his sister.  There is an amplitheater where the staff come out and do presentations and hands-on learning for the kids.  Our family watched a presentation on bees, while my 2 year old found her way to the water tables.  What fun!  That was totally up her alley...and I wish I'd brought a swimsuit for her, because she got soaked.  But loved it.

Climbing up the ant hole
Inside, there were some neat activities, but we were already going on our third hour there, and we were getting hungry and tired, so I didn't really get to investigate.  There was an anthole the kids could crawl into, and a lot of other life science activities.  They could create things with clay at one center, and in one room there were lots of hand-on rocks & minerals they could look at with microscopes, etc.  The kids found a display with rubber scat samples and a chart to show which animals they belonged to...they thought that was pretty cool!

They happened to be releasing butterflies on the day that we were there, so my son got to go and watch that.  Apparently one landed on him (I was busy feeding the baby and watching N at the water tables), and my sis-in-law took some photos of it.  Little did I know that in just a few weeks, we'd be raising our own butterflies at home (more on that in another post)!

It was a fun day, and I'm so thankful for all the family support.  All the aunties and uncles really helped me keep an eye on my kids and the baby did her part, sleeping at least half of the time so I could help big sister play with all the cool things.

Again, here are some great photos from my sis-in-law:












Funny that the boys all happened to be wearing orange!


Hmm...how to explain magnetism to my 2 year old


Over here, Ahiyah

Bonding time with A-Ma

She could've played here all day.  She LOVED the water!

I see you!
We all had a great day.  After we left the museum, we finished the outing off by a late buffet lunch at Golden Coast.  I look forward to more of these types of outings as our kids get older.  I know there are so many places we can visit and explore together.  I'm very grateful that my kids have so much fun with their cousins and they all get along very well together!

Comments

Popular Posts