6 months

Wow, I have a few rare moments to myself this afternoon, and although the house is a mess & I should really be starting on dinner, I thought it would be good for my soul to
reflect a little and journal a bit about 6 months down.

6 months ago
Our baby has been with us (out in the world, that is) for 6 months now.  It is so true that already we could not imagine family life without her.  So quickly she is becoming her own little individual person, not just a "baby blob."   I know that sounds kind of rude, but hopefully you know what I mean!  Instead of just a baby to feed, diaper, and put down for naps, little A is starting to influence us with her laughter, her sputtering (yes, she blows big razzes when she wants our attention!), her cooing and grunting.  She readily grabs for objects that she wants, and rolls over to get things.  She lets us know how she's doing (which, most of the time, is really happy and content!), or when she's bothered by something (like big sister "washing" her eye with hand sanitizer the other day).


Sometimes I call her my little rooster, because her hair sticks up at the top, like a little crest on a rooster.  It's pretty cute, it makes her look very perky and curious, like she's always standing at attention.  Her other adorable quality is her ability to suck on her toes... I know, some people may be grossed out by it, but I think it is the cutest thing, & so fun!  Don't worry, her fingers still make it into her mouth more than her toes.

Tasty!
Speaking of her mouth, she is drooling most of the time.  There is a pronounced bump on her middle lower gums, but none of our kids have cut a tooth before 9 months (Nia was 11 mos) so I'm not expecting anything anytime soon.  But who knows?

She continues to amaze me by her ability to go with the flow (not that she has a choice...) but she is very easy-going, and isn't thrown off by extended stays in her car seat, running errands or naptimes that are off-schedule.  She has liked to be swaddled to sleep until just recently, we notice that she wiggles right out of it as soon as we lay her down to sleep, and sleeps just fine without her arms in it.  So, it's probably time to pass the swaddle blanket on to someone else.

Her older siblings adore her, and she is continually entertained by them.

Her hair reminds me of either a rooster or Little Cindy Lou Who

Doting big brother
 Happy half-year birthday, Sho-Be!  You bring tons of joy and laughter to our family.  
I am overwhelmed by God's good gift of giving you to our family.  
I didn't know how much all of us needed you.  We love you SO much.  

Comments

Popular Posts