Feeding the Baby

So, one exciting thing that being 6 months old brings is: feeding the baby real people food!  I don't know why, but I always get so excited about this (maybe it is because I love food so much...).  I love making purees for my babies, shopping for those healthy fruits and vegetables, researching when to introduce which food, and especially all the bright colors of all the purees.  I love that baby food is so pure, unadulterated by all the junk we add into our big people food, and that I get to introduce it to my children and see their reaction as they learn to taste it all!  Anyway...

It took her a couple of weeks to really start to get in the groove of sucking it all down (versus spitting it out all over herself and me), but now she knows when her food is coming and gets all excited about it, kicking her feet and grunting.  She also grabs for any kind of food she can get her mitts onto.  I love how she leans forward, mouth open, like a little baby bird, for each bite.  She also smiles real big when I sign "more" and "all done."  She is starting to learn how to drink water from her sippy cup too, and you can just tell she thinks she is such a big kid now.

By now we have moved onto avocados, sweet potatos, squash, bananas, mangoes, peas and carrots.  So far, she seems to like it all (a sure sign she is a true daughter of this family!)


Here are some photos of our baby girl trying out that yummy oatmeal.  (Admittedly, not very colorful and not my favorite baby food to give to my babies, but you know, all the doctors say to start with this stuff...)




Comments

Popular Posts