Cross City Race


Well, my dear hubby is at it again--this weekend he participated in a Cross City Race in our town. It was a 10K run, and he finished in under an hour, which was his goal (you can ask him more about his time). It was a lot of fun to get out in the morning and be involved in our community. We knew several families who also participated, so it was fun visiting with them. Some of our friends' children, ages 4 & 5, were old enough to participate in the quarter mile and half mile run. I loved watching the kids run. You can really see their little personalities come out! I couldn't help but wonder if our son will be a runner someday too. What will his personality be like?

As for me, it has been almost a year now since I've run. It was a little bittersweet to be at the race, but not participating. My leg is still weak from my delivery/neuropathy/muscle atrophy. I am thankful for the healing that has already happened, but am hoping that I will be able to run & exercise like I used to (pre-pregnancy). Until then, we will keep cheering for Papa!

Comments

Popular Posts