A Mother's Musings

For about 7 weeks last fall, we thought we would be having our second baby next week. I woke up this morning thinking that I would've been 39 weeks pregnant today. So I just started praying and trying to redirect my thoughts from what could've been, to what is. God has been so gracious, so merciful in guiding me through this process of loss & disappointment.

I am absolutely thrilled to be the mom of a beautiful, healthy 2-year old boy. And I am deeply grateful to God for this gift. That's why I was surprised tonight, when all the Mother's Day festivities were over, I realized a sense of longing inside me. It's a sadness or an aching, and I know that I am not alone. I found a comforting and real website here tonight written by another mom who has much more to say on the subject of loss than I do.

Just wanted to share that with anyone out there who it might be helpful for.

Comments

Carrie said…
I agree with you that we get the perfect one which God gives us. We can see God's great work on both you and me. I have a strong belief that someday we would have our second child and the timing is also perfect planned by God.

Popular Posts