June Blur

As we are coming to the end of June, I'm looking back and realizing that the month was pretty much a blur. Lots of fun times with friends and family. I'll try to briefly recap:

Day trip to Kings Canyon: Even though it was only for a afternoon and evening, we had a great time with some families from church. Just eating, visiting, hiking and relaxing. It was so fun to watch my son running around with all the other kids, who are so great with him. Even though he's one of the youngest, everyone includes him and plays with him, which warms my heart. I am so grateful for this community around us.

Cabin weekend: We spent the weekend up at the cabin with our friends, the Macks, for Father's Day. A weekend is just too short to be up there! We hiked a little, rented paddle (or is it pedal?) boats, cooked up a great dinner and had fun playing games together. Our son totally enjoyed playing with the 3 Mack kids, and even told me upon waking up on Sat morning, "Go play with my friends." He couldn't wait to run around and play!




Father's Day: After leaving the cabin, we got to have dinner on Father's Day with my Dad and lots of my siblings and cousins. This is a photo of me with my Dad, sisters & nieces.


VBS: This was my first year to help out with our church's Vacation Bible School program, and was so surprised that our son was added into the preschooler group. His teacher, Fumi-chan, was so patient and gracious with him, as he was probably a little too young for many of the activities. But he LOVED all the music, learned all the hand motions, and participated in going up on stage (and jumping off the stage too!). This was probably the most independent activity he's participated in. I was helping with a different group of kids, so my son saw me in passing, but basically was in his own group for 2 & a half hours each day.

Running: On top of all that, my husband and I have both started running again. We're trying to get out 3 times/week, and we're hoping to train for a half-marathon in November. It's a big time commitment, and we have to really juggle our schedule, since I run with our neighbor & he runs at the gym. But it's worth it! We both feel great. (I'll write more another time about us & running.)

So that's June in a nutshell. The highlights at least. Time is flying, which is a good thing for me.

Comments

Popular Posts