Cherry Follow-Up

In case any of you were wondering what we ended up doing with all our cherries, here's a brief update, and a few suggestions for any cherries you might have laying around your kitchen!

Besides eating many of them fresh out of the bucket and giving a few bags away. we invested in a cherry pitter and went to town. I really like this pitter because you can pit 4 cherries at a time, and it's so easy that even our 3 year old can do it independently. It also catches all the pits, so clean up is easy!



Most of the pitted cherries went into the freezer, and the rest went into a Cherry Crisp, adapted from Four Fruit Crisp on pg. 153 Simply In Season (which by the way has recently become my favorite cookbook).

Yummy!

I also discovered tonight that one of my favorite food blogs, Simply Recipes, has several cherry recipes (Savory Cherry Compote, Cherry Frozen Yogurt, & Cherry Clafouti) that I hope to try soon!

Comments

Popular Posts