Nesting

Coming down the home stretch of this pregnancy, I've got a million little "to-dos" that I want to get done before the baby comes. Some say it is the nesting instinct, but my husband would insist that he's just got an over-achieving wife. Who knows if any of these things really NEEDS to get done before the baby is born (ie, organizing and cleaning out the closets??) but having a deadline just invites me to fill the time with all sorts of tasks to be completed (like pressure washing our house--of course!).

Anyway, last weekend my husband gave me the gift of a whole afternoon and evening to myself so that I could work on one project that is truly for the baby. I'd been wanting to re-cover the glider/rocker that became very well-used over the last 3 years. I purchased the fabric a couple of months ago, and just hadn't had that good chunk of time to get it done.

Here is what the rocker looked like before:

And before I went to bed on Saturday evening, this is what it looked like:

We chose blue & white fabric, not because we're having a boy (we actually don't know what the gender is yet--our choice) but because it generally matches a few different rooms in our house. It feels so good to have this project finished, and to anticipate rocking our new baby in this "new" chair.

Comments

Tracy said…
Woah! That is fabulous!
Jamie said…
Looks great! Good job Kristen!
Unknown said…
Looks great Kristen! I love the new color!

Popular Posts